January 24, 2010

Out, Out, Damned Flu!

The flu is like a lottery that everyone gets to win eventually, and this week I drew the unlucky numbers. It's not often that I miss an entire week's work due to illness, but this particular bug invaded my body like a party crasher, made itself nice and cozy, and dared me to attempt to do anything more strenuous than reaching for tissues in a mostly failed attempt to avoid spraying every wall in my domicile with snot.

I won't bore you with more details. You've all been through colds and flus, after all, and this is not a cold and flu blog. I guess I just wanted you to know that I wasn't slacking. I missed being able to share and, though I'm still under the weather, I optimistically predict a large increase in productivity this week.

On the other hand, it's taken me eleven hours to compose this entry, so we'll see.

No comments: